Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Campbell Brown's 'us'

So, watching some of the news coverage of the election for the last week, I came across this video featuring Campbell Brown questioning Tucker Bounds regarding Palin's experience leading the Alaska National Guard.  Given the media circus of this week, I actually think this is one of the fairest and most legitimate questions I have seen regarding Palin, though the facial expressions and obvious attitude behind her comments could be a little less pronounced.  Actually, it would be nice to see that kind of scrutiny regarding the issues and experience of all of the candidates, if you know what I mean. 

Well, the news here is that McCain cancelled his Larry King appearance due to this interview.  Again, since this line of questioning is not totally out of line, I'm not sure I agree with this if I am looking at this interview in a vacuum.  But, in talking about the interview, here is a telling quote from Ms. Brown:

"The interview was totally fair," Brown said. "I was trying to get an answer. I was persistent, but I was respectful. That's my job. Experience is a legitimate issue when John McCain raises it about Obama, and it's also legitimate for us to raise it about Palin." [source: WashPo]



Hmm...  So, since McCain raises the topic of experience, it's fair for us to as well.  Wait...  what? Who is 'us?'  Was this a mislabeled quote from one of Obama's spokesmen?

Update (12:26p):  Glad to see that RedState picked up on this as well...