Monday, July 24, 2006

Honest John

Wizbang (and many others) have spoken about John F. Kerry's comments regarding the Middle East crisis. I must say that this comment:

If I was president, this wouldn't have happened


strikes me as particularly laughable. Really? How do you know? Just because you think you may have handled things differently doesn't make the end result necessarily different. These people have been attacking each other forever! How the f&^% does the all-seeing, all-knowing John F. Kerry know how things would have played out? It's pretty egotistic to think you and you alone can stop centuries-old conflicts on a whim. Such power...

OK... let me try...

If I was on the Cardinals basketball team, they would have made the Final Four

or...
If I had been selected as Disney's CEO, Pirates would have made twice as much

or, maybe...
If I was running Exxon, gas would be $0.99 per gallon


Disprove those... I dare ya. Give some facts to back up your stance as well. Are these comments based on any more hard facts than Kerry's? It's very easy to play "woulda, coulda" when there is no real way to prove or disprove the claim. It appears to me that it's just an attempt to set themselves up to continue BDS for another several years after Bush leaves office...

Something like...
But if Bush hadn't let them fight in the Middle East, this wouldn't be happening during my presidency...


The funniest thing about the article? He was speaking at "Honest John's Bar and Grill." Wonder if that was on purpose...