Monday, April 25, 2005

Boy, I feel old now...

Saturday was my birthday. 35 is really no big deal... I've never really gotten hung up on my age, as I tend to try not to stress over things I can't control. Everything was fine and dandy until I got a call from my bank on Friday. I picked up the call, as I had thought it had something to do with the fact that our bank is in the middle of being gulped up by one of the big fish, but instead it was a survey. I reluctantly agreed to answer the questions, and it was going swimmingly until he got to the demographic questions. He asked me to stop him when I got to the age range that applied to me. It went as follows:

  • Under 25
  • 25 to 34
  • 35 to 44
Egads! I'm in a new age group!! And it's with 44 year olds!!! I asked him if he wanted today's age or tomorrow's age, as my birthday was the next day. He said to take my pick, and I told him I'd take it like a man and say "35 to 44." Then I went and popped open a Guinness. Hmm... not much different than 34. Or 24 for that matter...