Friday, June 17, 2005

Westhaven on Affordable Housing

Another quick one for the locals... With all of the debate on "affordable" housing, I must relate my experience when we chose to build our house. Early on in the process, we looked at building in Westhaven. The thing that sticks with me the most about the sales pitch is that they market it as a place where all people of all income levels can live. They said that everyone from teachers and policemen to bank presidents could find a home in their price range. So what's all the fuss with "affordable" housing around here? Westhaven has you covered...

Oh... I must note that the lowest thing that they sell are some townhouses that start at $190k at a bare-bones level. Most of the houses are in the $300-500k+ range. I'm sure that fits the budget of a local cop... Truth in advertising, indeed...